Wednesday 6 March 2013

Tag - Confessions Of A Blogger

I was tagged in this post almost two weeks ago by one of my absolute favourite bloggers, Jessica at The Mod Mermaid and I'm only just getting around to actually doing the tag! I love doing these so much as I love seeing everyone's answers to the questions, and then getting to write my own. Hope you all enjoy!

When did you start your blog?
My very first blog post was on Wednesday 4th April 2012. If I remember correctly it was quite late at night too, and I got so excited by it I had to write my second post straight away. Then I kept refreshing the page to see if anyone had read it yet!

Have you had any past online presence before (Other blog, YouTube)?
No, this is my first. I have a YouTube account, but it's only for watching videos, not for making them. Although I do have a YouTube account with some videos from uni, but we'll not get into that...
Why did you start a blog?
 I'm the type of person who thoroughly researches any product I want before I buy it, and after doing it for so long, I decided it was about time I started being one of the people who does this. I've found I'm quite influential at getting other people to buy things, so they should be able to read why I love the products I get them to buy so much!
When did you become serious about starting a blog?
I had wanted to make a blog for a few months before I actually decided to start one (and it's almost my first birthday!) and I'm not completely sure when I decided to be serious about it. I had thought about a few ideas in my head, and gathered a few products that I knew I could write about easily, all I had to do was do it.
What was your first post?
Just a very silly little post saying what I was going to be writing about. There was really no need for it at all! You can read it here if you want to! My first proper post was for a Lush product (of course), and it was for The Hair Doctor (which you can read here).

What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?
Not having enough time! I always have plenty of ideas of things I want to write about, but then I don't have the time to actually do it, then sometimes they're relevant to the time of year, and the time passes. I have photos of cupcakes I made at Halloween that I wanted to blog about and then never got the chance! Maybe next time...

Where do you see your blog in one year?
By the way I've been blogging at the minute, my biggest concern is that I'll by back on track at actually writing my posts. I've been quite ridiculous over the past three weeks or so! I just hope I'm still writing about what I love, and have found even more products to write about.
What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
Completely agree with Jessica on this one, the comments. I absolutely love when I get an email when I'm in work, or waking up in the morning to see that someone has taken the time to read what I've posted, and then commented on it! It really does just make my day so much better and I love it.
What is the most discouraging thing that happens to you?
As above, no comments! Whenever I first started blogging I never got any comments on my posts and it was so disheartening and I felt like no one wanted to read any of my posts and didn't really care what I had to say.
What's your lasting inspiration or motivation?
Other bloggers. I just love coming on here and reading other peoples posts and finding new products to try. Even when I don't come on here, I still see people posting on Twitter and Instagram, it's everywhere! 

I hope you all enjoyed this post and that I didn't bore you too much. This wasn't really a post for photos, so it's a bit too much writing, and so I apologise. I tag everyone to do this if you'd like to, and leave a comment below to let me know if you have so I can go and read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave any comments or feedback below. I'll always reply, so ask any questions you'd like and I'll give you an answer! :)