Friday 1 March 2013

Nivea Lip Butter - Raspberry Rose Review



Finally, a blog post after two long weeks! I've been wanting to write this review for ages but haven't had the time to get on my laptop and do anything at all. I can't believe it's March already, time is definitely flying in. I'll have to get my February favourites sorted soon!

Anyway, on to the review. After I read quite a few times how popular these were starting to get in America, I obviously had to buy one for myself since apparently the UK had had them for ages. I bought mine in Superdrug for only £1.49, which is pretty cheap for a lip balm in my opinion.

There are three flavours available in the UK. I choose to buy the Raspberry Rose one, but there is also Caramel and Original. The original was out of stock when I was in store, but the caramel one was there, but I personally found it a bit too sickening for a lip butter, so decided on this one instead.

 

As you can see, the lip butter comes in a little round tin, about the same size as Vaseline. The lip butter itself is a pale pink colour, and the smell is gorgeous, it reminds me of petit flous! Unlike a lot of other flavoured lip balms, it doesn't have much of a taste to it, but that hasn't bothered me too much.

The texture reminds me of hair wax, as it seems very sticky. This isn't a bad thing however, as it makes it really easy to apply to the lips, and it stays on for quite a while.

The colour is one I'm not too fond of. When applied, it comes out the same colour as it is in the tin, and looks too pale for my lips. I've found I have to really rub it in if I'm putting it on in public or else it just looks very strange. It has been good however for a base under lipsticks.

Most importantly, it does its job for moisturising. It's not the most amazing lip product I've ever tried, and I wouldn't go around recommending it to everyone if they want to combat dry lips, but it's been better than a lot of others so I would probably purchase it again if I just wanted something inexpensive.

All in all, I do like this product, it has it's pro's and con's, but it's definitely not beating my Maybelline Baby Lips!

If you'd like to purchase this product online, you can do so at the Superdrug website by clicking here.

Have you tried any of the Nivea Lip Butters? If so, what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I've heard great reviews on these, and I really want to try the caramel one :) I do also love my Baby Lips though!

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for the Liebster award! Check out my blog for more: http://lovefashionobsessoverbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scent is what appeals to me most about these guys! I really want the Vanilla & Macadamia Nut flavor! But this one sounds like it'd be great too! Maybe I'll get both :) But they're sold out everywhere!! Great to see you back and blogging, Melissa! :)

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave any comments or feedback below. I'll always reply, so ask any questions you'd like and I'll give you an answer! :)