Monday 3 September 2012

August Favourites



Hi everyone! Finally, it's time for my August favourites. I wanted to upload this at the weekend but I didn't have time to take the photographs and then upload them. I still don't really tonight as I should be in bed since I'm up at 5am for work, but I didn't want to leave this too long!

Firstly we'll start with my make up favourites. There's been a few things I've been really loving this month.


I would say my top favourite has been my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (I wear NC15), paired with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush. This has been my favourite face product in such a long time. It does an amazing job with coverage, and I love the finish the brush leaves. I have a review on the brush itself if you click here. Does anyone want one on the Pro Longwear Concealer? Whether you do or not, I'd highly, highly recommend this!

Lip-wise, I decided to choose just one and I've decided to go with my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick. I got this for my birthday and I love it. It feels like you're putting a marker on your lips, and it has very good staying power. It's also very, very similar to Passionate from the Lush Emotional Brilliance line, but half the price.

My choice of nail polish this month has been from Essie and it's called 'Fun in the Gondola'. I got it in a set of 3 from TKMaxx and I choose the set because of this colour alone. It really doesn't look that pretty in the photograph, but it's a gorgeous pale rose colour. I'm going to post a review of it this week so you can see better photographs, but it looks almost exactly the same colour as the MAC lipstick Creme Cup (the actual lipstick, not when it's on your lips). I didn't even notice this until I was taking photographs of the lipstick to upload a review on and I was wearing the polish.


I've been using Aveeno moisturiser this month and I'd read good things about it. I have pretty dry skin so I need to use a moisturiser on my face at night. If you decide to use this, you only need the tiniest amount or else your face will end up too greasy. It can also be used anywhere else, not just your face!

Another birthday present I got was Angel by Thierry Mugler. I had been wanting this for such a long time, but as it's so expensive I never actually bought it. I was absolutely delighted to receive it from my nanny in a refillable bottle with a lotion and shower gel with it. I used to spray myself with this every single time I went into Debenhams and now I don't have to (but I probably still will anyway!).



Some random favourites now, and again, more birthday presents! I had both of these on my Amazon wish lists so I was so happy to get them. I haven't finished the book yet, but White Girl Problems by Babe Walker is absolutely hilarious so far. I've laughed out loud a few times whilst reading it. If you don't know what it is, it's based on the life of Babe Walker, a rich, spoilt, white girl who lives in LA and believes her life is full of problems. It all started on her twitter page, which I'll link here.

I also got the complete collection so far of The Big Bang Theory. I started watching this on the plane in June and got a bit hooked, so I'm happy that one of my friends bought them all for me, and so excited to start watching it!



I can't even believe it's September already! Not long until Christmas now! My favourite time of year. These are my favourites for the month, and I know it won't be long until I'm doing my September favourites. Is there anything you think I should try? Or is there anything you want to know more about?

1 comment:

Feel free to leave any comments or feedback below. I'll always reply, so ask any questions you'd like and I'll give you an answer! :)