Friday 11 May 2012

Lush - Jumping Juniper Shampoo Bar Review



I bought this soap in February thinking that my first bar would be done around then and that I would have my second one ready. It actually lasted far longer than expected so I only started using this new bar about 2 weeks ago. I decided to use it a few times before I wrote on a review on it so that I knew what it was like.

It works exactly the same as the first shampoo bar I used. You simply run your hair under some water, rub the bar into your head a few times and it will lather up quickly. Rub the lather into your head and then rinse out. I have washed my hair twice with it a few times because my friend said that shampooing your hair twice makes your hair far cleaner, and it definitely does. However, I am only reviewing a single use of this shampoo bar. I was amazed after only one use of this bar at how clean it left my hair. It's specifically for greasy hair and I tend to wash my hair every other day so I thought this would let that clean feeling last longer, and it does. After washing and conditioning my hair and then drying it, it feels like all the build up has left my hair and it feels really light and clean. It also smells delicious, it's a very fresh, lemony smell.

Pros :

  • Inexpensive, only £5 and lasts around 3 months.
  • Refreshing smell.
  • Equivalent to 3 x 200ml bottles of shampoo.
  • Works very well for getting an extra day out of greasy hair.
Cons :

  • Zero, I can honestly find no wrong in these shampoo bars!
I absolutely adore these shampoo bars and will continue buying them for a long time as they are far, far better than bottles of shampoo. In comparison with my first one, the Karma Komba bar, I can't decide which I like better. I love the Karma scent in Lush which draws me to that one, but the Jumping Juniper bar leaves my hair feeling the cleanest.

I will hopefully be buying a conditioner bar from Lush this week to try out so I'll let you all know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave any comments or feedback below. I'll always reply, so ask any questions you'd like and I'll give you an answer! :)