Wednesday 4 April 2012

Lush - Karma Komba Solid Shampoo Review


Karma Komba Solid Shampoo Bar

I'm coming to the end of my Karma Komba shampoo bar so I thought I would do a review of how I got on with it. I purchased this bar on the 14th January apparently, and there is still a good 2/3 weeks worth left in it, if not more. I use this every time I wash my hair, which is every other day, and it has lasted such a long time. I had used this shampoo years ago when my friend has bought it for me as part of my birthday present, but after it melted into the tin she got me for it I never bought it again. As I started to get back into Lush over Christmas I decided to buy it again and see if I still liked it. I looked up some reviews on it and read that it was supposed to be the equivalent of 3 200ml bottles of shampoo. I thought that this was maybe a bit of an over exaggeration and so took it with a pinch of salt. Now that it's the 4th April and I still have a few weeks worth, I can say that this is probably true, because this is nearly 3 months it has lasted me! I haven't used any of the other shampoo bars, but I already know that this is my favourite. When I first used it I felt that it gave me a really good clean for my hair, and I felt like it gave me an extra day out of my hair, because it didn't feel greasy the next day. I also love, love, love the scent of Karma (surprisingly I still haven't bought the soap of it). If you haven't used one of their shampoo bars I would definitely recommend it. Really easy to use, the person in Lush can tell you if you don't know how. I just run the water over my head first to get my hair wet, then I rub the bar at the front of my head, at both sides, and then also at the back, I rub it in about 2 or 3 times and then put the bar away. I then use my hands to lather it all up, and it creates a lot of lather! Then I just rinse it out and use my conditioner. Lush does have tins available that you can buy specifically for the shampoo bars, but after my first time using it when it melted into the tin, I wouldn't advise buying them. I simply pat it dry and put it back in the paper bag that I bought it in.

Pros :

  • Equivalent to 3 x 200 ml shampoo bottles (I can say that this is in fact, true)
  • Gives an extra day of clean hair
  • Gorgeous smell
  • Light and compact for when you need to travel

Cons :

  • Zero! I have nothing that I didn't like about this shampoo bar.
All in all, I would highly recommend this product. I would say it's actually my favourite product from Lush because it done exactly what it said it would, and it's lasted me such a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave any comments or feedback below. I'll always reply, so ask any questions you'd like and I'll give you an answer! :)